Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Mixed Emoticons"


This right here happens to be a man named Rives. After watching the Story of Mixed Emoticons I realized that symbols can have a very very wide range of meaning. One may see this collection of characters })i({ and think nothing of it, but after close inspection as Rives tells his hilarious story of a boy chasing a girl a butterfly appears fairly easily. This episode really made me think about what some may consider a reverse process. For me I felt that the characters were typed up and then a story was created. It also made me realize while photographs provide a visual for a story so can simple symbols placed together. How CraZy is that?! =]http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/rives_tells_a_story_of_mixed_emoticons.html

No comments:

Post a Comment